This is my very first blog post! It took me a very long time to get up the courage to let people, other than my close friends and family, get a glimpse into my strongly held beliefs. So, I will start my very first blog post by talking about how much emphasis we put into our social networks.
Now our age generation is know commonly known as being the technological generation. Meaning that we are connected to Internet more than we connect to each other. Now, this is not always a bad thing because we use our social networks to keep in contact with friends, colleagues, high school and college classmates, and even that ex-girl/boyfriend that we secretly can't let go of! (Sidebar: I KNOW I'm not the only one who does that! Lol)
For the reasons stated above, I truly think that social networks are very useful, effective, and engaging tools of procrastination! I say tools of procrastination because I know that I use Facebook and Twitter to stay connected with my e-friends, family, frat brothers, and girls who I don't really know but friend anyway. This is a habit that I nurture everyday, which makes it every hard to get work accomplished
This habit also causes me to take the status and relationship updates on Facebook as law written on gold platted MacBook Pro keys. To demonstrate this behavior, I recently changed my relationship status from single to in a relationship on Facebook this evening. I put that I was in a relationship with a close friend of mine, @MS_REAYU. We both wanted to see what kind of black lash would come if we told people that we were together...and boy did it come quick! Lol, in a matter of minutes I received two chats, one comment, and one inbox message all about a status change.
What does this all mean?
It means that we take our social networks so seriously...that this dude updated his Facebook status while he was at the altar...check it out Groom Updates Relationship Status @ Altar.
It also means that we need to calm down and not take our social networks so seriously! Be very wary of what you see and read on these social networks because most of it may not be true. So, if you have that late night booty call who puts up she/he is in a real relationship on Facebook don’t trip kuz it might not be anything too it! Lol, so before you go cussing that person out and slashing their tires or egging their house...(pause) if someone does ANY of the above actions over a Facebook status maybe you are better off…(play)... just remember that Facebook is not the end all be all.
Below is a Hilarious video about Facebook breaking up relationships, please watch and enjoy! Facebook kills relationships Until next time, May GOD Bless you and yours on this week and the month to come!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first blog post...the video was a nice touch :)
ReplyDelete