Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm Back!!!

TI's new song is called I'm Back and it inspired me to return to the blogging game after a brief and much needed hiatus. So, please look forward to more mere mortal thoughts to come. However, to appease the public I will post a couple of poems that I have written. One is entitled "Falling In Love on the Math Hall" and the other is "Eccentrically Beautiful." As always, let me know what you think and I will keep the blogs coming.

Falling In Love On The Math Hall 


When I saw you,
The world stopped for me,
Like one of Maxwell’s love ballad truths.
Seriously I often reminisce over what used to be.

To a more innocent time,
Like when I first saw you in Mrs. Sterling’s Math class,
And I knew I had to make you mine.
Watching you walk to your desk and basking in your ambiance.

Was like seeing my very first sunrise,
Magical, beautiful, elegant,
And I wanted it to last for a lifetime.
You were a flower, so beautiful, precious and delicate.

The bell rang, and I had to be on time for History class,
I knew I was gonna be late, I didn’t care 
Because I could talk my way into having a hall pass.
And watching you seemed like a moment that was too rare.

I could have stayed in that hallway forever,
Its funny…you know love at first sight
All I honestly wanted was us to be together.
The emotions racing through my pubescent head made it seem more right.

In that instant, I knew that I needed you,
I knew that I needed you to need me,
I knew that couldn’t just bid you adieu.
And like Darius Lovehall, I just wanted us to be for as long as we could be.

Then you looked up and saw me shamelessly staring at you,
Not only staring but drooling over you countenance.
You smiled and then I tried to be all smooth like my hairdo,
But I tripped over my shoestring and lost my balance.

I still tried to remain cool as the other side of the pillow,
As I cursed myself out harshly in my head.
You chuckled which kinda lowered my ego.
But I could feel you eyes still on me as I fled.

Obsessed I became,
As if I just gazed upon the face of an elfven maiden,
Because you were too beautiful to be just another dame.
I could tell that in love I had fallen.

No matter how much I try,
It just hurts to know that
I won’t ever be able to return to that time…

Because many sunrises have came and gone
You have ultimately moved on
And all I am left with are these memories, feelings, and emotions
As my world steadily spins on and on

All I have is the memory of falling in love on the Math Hall.


Eccentrically Beautiful 

Eccentrically Beautiful is the only way to be
Is the opinion voiced by the stranger
On the side of the game, you know who he is
Abstract is name.
Being hard to grasp is the game,
And unconventional is the key
That starts the vehicle and down the yellow brick road they go….
You get it?
Or is it too hard to follow?

Once again he states
Eccentrically Beautiful is the only way to be,
Because being eccentric is what separates you from me.
It is like the screen door
Which keeps the mosquitoes out…
Oops did I loose you with the simile?
Let me dive into it a little more in depthly

Being eccentric opens the door
To a world that is different than ours
So, a little strange I may seem
But forward thinking is what keeps You, you
And what makes Me, me.
So if your mind cannot access the metaphorical
And only the literal
The tangible and not the figurative
Then being eccentric
Is not beautiful to you indeed.

If you can only see what is
And not what could be
Then you see the world through a sheer veil
Distorted your view will be
But if I can speak candidly
Your worldly vision is not 20/20.
So, its like looking into a house
Through the screen door,
You can see so much more
If you open that door.

With this I regress and leave you with
Eccentrically Beautiful is the only way to be,
And if you think differently
You’re the strange one to me.

BONUS!!!!! This one is an oldie but a goodie and it is entitled: The Rhythm of Emotions 

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap
Here I am listening to the sounds of the world
Scat, Tap, Tap, Scat
The softness of the music leads me to a world unknown,
A world that cannot be grasped by human hands alone,
My mind wonders to place,
Where the soft tap, tap, taps are broken down,
And built back up to resemble tokens of human emotions,
Like love, joy, and pain,
Which only comes to resemble a small fraction of the
Tap, Tap, Tap reconstruction game.
Softly as the music fades, and the darkness begins to rise,
I am wisked away to a place where your love resides,
Truest like none other,
Your love is kin to my mother,
Brother to my brotherless soul,
And friend to my aching heart,
So when the taps stop and start,
I am always and will be forever shrouded,
By your love that overflows my heart.
Scat, Tap, Tap, Tap,
The music starts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment